Monday, January 16, 2012

Get Fit Murfreesboro (Weight Loss Challenge) Pt. 2

So, in my last post, I rambled on quite a bit about how I got to the place where I am, overweight... there's a lot more I could go into about all that, but I think from the length of my last post, I'll try to keep this one brief and to the point.. and will "pepper" future GFM (as I will now refer to Get Fit Murfreesboro because I like acronyms, lol) posts with more back story and more current information)



Anyway, here is the website for the contest: Get Fit Murfreesboro 

As you can see from the page, there are several cool sponsors for the contest, several I'd not heard of before (and will spend some time researching).

The rundown of the contest is this:

"The challenge will begin Monday January 16th and the winners will be announced 12 weeks later on Saturday April 7th. A winner will be named for each measurement category as well as an overall winner that will be crowned the grand champion of the Get FIT Murfreesboro Challenge."

The prizes for the contest are:

Grand Champion:
Get Fit Celebrity Cruise for 2, Brooks Head to Toe outfit, nutrition products and $200 Cash

Category Winners:
Brooks apparel voucher valued at $50, nutrition products, $75 CASH

Runner Up:
Brooks Super Date: Limo, hot air balloon ride, dinner, and carriage ride through Nashville


While it isn't $250,000, those are still some pretty exciting prizes! And also, while I would love to win a prize because obviously it's fun to win things, and I'm generally competitive by nature (just ask my family about playing board games... lol), I really am in this to lose weight and get healthy! Winning anything would just be a perk.

So, today was day one... And I had to go weigh-in, get measured, and have my "before" picture taken. I didn't pour over this data (and didn't even see most of the measurements), but all the info will be emailed to me. As far as their FB page's last update, they have 124 people as of yesterday in the contest so far (and I'm sure with it being the last day to sign up, many more people are getting registered. I'll definitely be interested to see what the "final count" is.) so, it may be a little bit before they get the emails out.

I'm undecided at this point as to whether or not I'm going to go for "full disclosure" and put everything out there or not. This is pretty big. I'm generally a very private person... and I'm definitely not thrilled with where I am physically. So, this will take some thought and consideration as to which way I will go.

Anyway, think I'll wrap this up for now. I'll probably try to do weekly check ins having to do with progress, thoughts, and whatnot. If there's anything you want me to talk about, I'd be happy to take "reader suggestions". Also, as it stands right now, I am a member of no gym, health club, anything. I think this may, in some ways, be a hindrance... but I'm going to give it a go as is to start with. However, if there's anyone out there who wants to sponsor me and give me a gym membership for the next 12 weeks, that would be fantastic!!! =) I could make you fan of the year or something. I don't know =)

But there it is. I am participating in the 12 week Get Fit Murfreesboro Weight Loss Challenge and I am very excited! =)

No comments: