Saturday, February 4, 2012

{Book Review} Destination Unknown by Trent Zelazny



Brian and Kate are barely holding it together after having undergone a tragedy. They each have found their own ways of coping, but neither method is what you would call "healthy". What they are facing is pushing each to the brink and has taken its toll on their marriage. When they find themselves in possession of a mysterious briefcase, the contents seem like it might be a way to turn their lives back in a better direction, but the rightful owner has other plans. He will stop at nothing to get it back and the torment inflicted on Brian and Kate during his attempts make for a suspenseful read!

The number one thing that stuck out for me from this book is the dynamic between Brian and Kate. The emotions and the turmoil between the two are palpable. Every chapter had me wanting to move on to the next to find out what would happen. The only minor criticism I would touch upon is there were a few times where conversations are conducted in Spanish, and with my limited knowledge of the language, I didn't know exactly what was going on, but it didn't take away from the scene(s). If it weren't for responsibilities of daily life, I would have definitely finished it in one sitting! I highly recommend this book and hope that you'll give it and its extremely talented author a chance! I look forward to reading more from him!


(As book reviews are something that I really want to start doing on my blog, I need to come up with a rating system. Will definitely work on that. For now, this one is a 4.5 out of 5!)

No comments: